If I was to ask you about your Human Resources policies, Occupational Health and Safety policies, Monetary and Finance policies, I am certain that you would be able to provide me with as much evidence as required to satisfy me that your have these areas of your business in control.
Yet the vast majority of businesses I speak to have no clear policies or guidelines in place when it comes to protecting and managing their assets in data, documents and emails. In fact most don’t appear to realise the value associated with such assets.
These very assets can and do play a major role on a daily basis in most facets of your business.
These assets can play a role in building your reputation and could very easily lead to reputational risk.
Businesses can benefit by adopting clear policies and procedures around how they manage and protect their data and documents, benefits will include:
- Increased productivity and improved service delivery
- Reduced cost of operation
- Risk mitigation/reduction
- Increased ability to initiate or defend litigation
- Improved compliance
- More agile organisation operation
- Reduced time looking for documents
- Less time spent in unproductive activities
- Reduced error rates
- Less rework
- Reduced accidental destruction